Trimarc: From Trimarcisia, “feat of three horsemen,” was an ancient Celtic military cavalry tactic where there was always a rider ready to mount the horse of a fallen soldier.
Trimarc, the company, focuses on continuously developing defensive strategies to combat evolving attack techniques. Our primary approach is “defense in depth” which focuses on defensive layers within the enterprise – while any single defense may fail, there are others that compensate for this and provide additional detection and/or mitigation for that area.
Our mission is to identify ways to better protect organizations from modern threats not effectively stopped by traditional security measures.
Successful defense is based on a approach involving three primary components: Detection, Mitigation, and Prevention.
We provide leading expertise in security solutions including strategy, architecture, tactical implementations, and long-term maintenance. In addition, Trimarc performs renowned security research that has helped drive the implementation of effective protection measures for organizations reliant on Microsoft technologies.
Sean Metcalf is a Microsoft MVP and a Microsoft Certified Master (MCM) / Microsoft Certified Solutions Master (MCSM) in Directory Services (Active Directory Windows Server 2008 R2) which is an elite group of Active Directory experts (only about 100 worldwide).
Sean works with several customers as a Security Architect providing Active Directory and Microsoft enterprise security expertise. Sean also performs Active Directory security assessments identifying security configuration issues typically leveraged by attackers to compromise the enterprise.
He performs security research focused on the Microsoft platform and has identified interesting Kerberos behavior as well as other unique research. He has spoken on Active Directory attack & defense at BSides Charm (Baltimore), Shakacon, Black Hat, DEF CON, and DerbyCon security conferences.
Sean also runs ADSecurity.org, a Microsoft-focused enterprise security blog focused on explaining how current attacks work and how to detect, mitigate, and prevent them.
In the Press:
- Security Weekly interview (#462) on April 28th, 2016. Interview available via podcast app, audio, and YouTube video.
- Redmond Magazine & MCPMag.com published an article on PowerShell security quoting our ADSecurity.org post on Detecting Offensive PowerShell Attack Tools.
- IT World Canada reached out to Sean in late 2015 to help with an article on Active Directory attack & defense.
- IT World Canada also requested comments for a second story titled: “22 tips for preventing ransomware attacks“.
Trimarc’s Extended Team
Trimarc partners with some of the best companies and sharpest people on the planet to provide security solutions that better secure the enterprise.
Our expertise includes the following as well as others as required:
- Active Directory security.
- Microsoft Exchange design and security configuration.
- VMWare design and security configuration.
- Microsoft Windows security.
Trimarc provides a variety of security solutions customized to meet each organization’s specific security needs and concerns. Please Contact Us for more information on how we can help you!